Employer Benefits of Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship programs offer many unique benefits to employers:
- Participating in an apprenticeship program ensures you will have an employee who is not only trained to provincial industry standards but also understands your unique workplace conditions.
- Apprenticeship training allows you to benefit from the government-supported in-class training portion of the program, while supporting your future workforce needs and those of your industry.
- An apprenticeship program allows you to have within your company a pool of experienced employees of different ages so that you will be better able to plan to meet future workforce needs due to expansion plans or the retirement of older trades persons.
- Recruiting potential apprentices through the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program can also be a cost-effective solution to training and retaining young workers.
- A recent survey of apprentices found that participants developed a loyalty to the company that hired them, which leads to a more stable workforce.