Apprenticeship Classroom Training
This program provides classroom training, which represents approximately 10 to 15 per cent of the training apprentices need to complete their apprenticeship. The classroom component of an apprenticeship program usually consists of three levels of formal instruction based on the Ontario College of Trades’ approved curriculum. Training delivery agents are required to be approved by the province to deliver each level of formal instruction in a trade.
Training Delivery Agents Approval Process and Guidelines
The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development, effective August 1, 2019:
- Will initiate preliminary feasibility discussions with the TDA applicant within 5 business days of initial contact.
- Will confirm receipt of a TDA application within 2 business days of receipt.
- Will notify TDA applicant within 35 business days of receipt if an application will require more than the standard timeline, for more complex applications.
- Will notify TDA applicant of a decision within 60 business days of receipt (“standards timeline”) or will indicate if a delay of greater than 5 business days is expected.
- May require an additional 10 to 15 business days beyond the standard timeline to assess applications from new organizations that are not currently part of the delivery network.
Note: If at any point additional information is required to support the application, the standard timeline will be extended accordingly.