Apprenticeship Classroom Training
This program provides classroom training, which represents approximately 10 to 15 per cent of the training apprentices need to complete their apprenticeship. The classroom component of an apprenticeship program usually consists of three levels of formal instruction based on the Ontario College of Trades’ approved curriculum. Training delivery agents are required to be approved by the province to deliver each level of formal instruction in a trade.
PDF forms can only be opened in Internet Explorer. If you are using Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, please download the PDF document to access the file.
- Right click on the form that you want to download
- Select “Save Link As”, or the similar wording
- Choose the desired destination to save the form
If you are a member of the public seeking general information on Employment Ontario programs and services, please visit the Employment Ontario website.
Training Delivery Agents Approval Process and Guidelines
The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities:
- Will initiate preliminary feasibility discussions with the TDA applicant within 5 business days of initial contact.
- Will confirm receipt of a TDA application within 2 business days of receipt.
- Will notify TDA applicant within 35 business days of receipt if an application will require more than the standard timeline, for more complex applications.
- Will notify TDA applicant of a decision within 60 business days of receipt (“standards timeline”) or will indicate if a delay of greater than 5 business days is expected.
- May require an additional 10 to 15 business days beyond the standard timeline to assess applications from new organizations that are not currently part of the delivery network.
Note: If at any point additional information is required to support the application, the standard timeline will be extended accordingly.